- Dr. Ákos Kozma and CoE Commissioner for Human Rights Meet Online
- Dr. Ákos Kozma Receives Ambassador of Norway to Hungary in His Office
- Civil Consultative Body Attached to OPCAT NPM Holds Online Meeting
- Commissioner Contributes to International Ombudsman Institute Webinar
- Commissioner Contributes to UN Human Rights Council Social Forum
- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Working visit in Komárom-Esztergom county
- Festive event at the Ombudsman’s Office on the occasion of the 20th anniver
- #STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition opening
- For a collection of Roma children’s songs - professional conference in the
- Meeting of Equinet's Working Group on Communication Strategies and Practice
- New Breeding Techniques and Genetic Engineering - Conference at the Ombudsm
- Working visit in Csongrád county
- SDG Conference
Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and his Deputy Visit Hortobágy National Park
On 30 June 2021, Ombudsman Dr. Ákos Kozma and his Deputy, Ombudsman for Future Generations Dr. Gyula Bándi paid a visit to the Hortobágy National Park.
In the framework of the professional consultation with General Deputy Director István Kapocsi and Head of Park Ranger Service Gábor Tihanyi, the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and his Deputy visited the Hortobágy Fishponds. They also discussed the importance and the results of landscape-level nature conservation rehabilitation programmes, as well as the possible ways of the nature conservation development of Natura 2000 and the protected areas. They also touched upon the issues related to power plants based on renewable energy sources, the revisiting of water management and water retention, as well as the shared vision of the agricultural sector (fields, forests, wild game) and nature conservation aimed at compensating for the changing climate conditions of the 21st century.
The Hortobágy National Park is the oldest national park in Hungary: it will celebrate its 50th anniversary on 1 January 2023. The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights considers nature conservation his priority task, and counts on the professional cooperation of the staff members of the national parks in their joint effort to safeguard the natural heritage of the Hungarian nation.