It is the priority task of the deputy commissioner for the protection of the rights of nationalities living in Hungary to monitor the practical implementation of individual and community nationality rights and the principle of equal treatment, as well as to regularly inform the commissioner for fundamental rights, the institutions concerned and the general public about her experiences and findings.
In her quarterly newsletter, Elisabeth Sándor-Szalay provides an overview of the nature and trends of the petitions received, the professional documents issued and the main domestic and international professional events.
The topics of the 2021/2 newsletter:
- joint reports and general comments
- approval of the report for the year 2020
- on-site investigation at Gyöngyöspata
- conference on the protection of the rights of national minorities in Strasbourg
- statistics és priority investigations, main international events, case law mosaic
You can access the newsletter also by clicking on this link.