In the interest to ensure the effective, coherent and most comprehensive protection of fundamental rights and in order to implement the Fundamental Law of Hungary, the Hungarian Parliament adopted the Act on the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights pursuant to the Article 30 of the Fundamental Law.
Internal regulations of the Office
CFR Instruction No. 3/2015 (XI. 30.) on the professional rules and methods of the inquiries conducted by the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights
The Equal Opportunities Regulation of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights | more >>
The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights is an important guardian of the rights enshrined in the Fundamental Law. The Commissioner strives to protect and advocate these rights not only in society in general, acting on the basis of complaints and through ex officio inquiries, but also within his own Office.
The Equal Opportunities Regulation of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights entered into force on 1st March 2012. The aim of the regulation is to improve the employment conditions of groups of workers at a disadvantage, such as employees over 40, career-starters, Roma people, workers living with disabilities, those with a reduced working capacity or chronic illnesses, employees having small children, three or more children, single parents, those raising a permanently ill or disabled child, those caring for an ill, disabled or old relative, or those commuting every day from another settlement.
Since the entry into force of the regulation there have been about 20 applications, 90% of which have been fully accepted. The remaining 10% of the applications submitted have been approved after agreeing with the employee on conditions which are acceptable for both parties.
The number of those taking benefit of the regulation might change as the life situation of the more than 120 employees of the Office changes day by day.
- Annual General Assembly of the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions
- IV. International Conference of Eurasian Ombudsman Institutions
- Joint statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and the Ombudsman for Future Generations on the Occasion of White Monday, the First Day of the European Week for Waste Reduction
- Exception Should Prove Dignity – Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rigths on the Special Situation of Persons with Intellectual Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder in Relation to the Restrictions Introduced in Response to the Pandemic
- Joint Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and His Deputies on the World Day of Sanitation