Dr. László Székely - CURRICULUM VITAE
László SZÉKELY was born in Budapest on 15 March 1958.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (ÁJK) of Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) in 1982.
He has been teaching at the Department of Civil Law of the ÁJK since 1982, and he has been member of the Faculty Council since 1990. In 1995 he was awarded the Trefort Ágoston Commemorative Medal by the University.
In 1992 he was elected member of the Council of Copyright Experts.
In 1992 he became member of the Environmental Cabinet of FIDESZ, in 1996 he was elected member of the Complaints Committee of the National Radio and Television Council (ORTT).
He has been teaching at the Deák Ferenc Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of Széchenyi István University of Győr.
Between 1988 and 2002, in the capacity of Government Commissioner, he was in charge of coordinating governmental activities aimed at the implementation of the decision handed down by the International Court of Justice in the Hague on the matter of the Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros Dams.
Since 2008 he has been Director of the Institute of Post-graduate Legal Studies of ELTE.
On 15 June 2010 he was appointed Ministerial Commissioner in charge of the preparation of the new Civil Code of Hungary – his assignment was completed on 19 January 2013.
Since December 2012 he has been the head of the Hungarian delegation at the Hungarian–Slovakian talks on the Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros Dams.
On 20 January he was appointed Ministerial Commissioner of the Ministry of Justice and Public Administration in charge of the sustainable utilization of natural resources divided by state borders.
On 16 September 2013 he was elected Commissioner for Fundamental Rights by the Hungarian Parliament. He started his 6‑year term on 25 September 2013.
- Board of European Ombudsman Institute Holds Meeting in Budapest
- Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on Government Decree on Order of Planned Medical Treatments, Rehabilitation Care and Planned Invasive Procedures in State of Danger
- Commissioner and Ombudsman for Future Generations Take Stand in Relation to Providing Selective Waste Containers for Church-Maintained and Independent Schools
- Ombudsman Takes Stand in Relation to Assessment of Leave of Absence from School Due to Epidemiological Situation
- Ombudsman and Deputy Commissioner for National Minorities Take Stand on Police Measures Taken as Part of Intensified Control
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Takes Stand on the Prevention of Suicidal Behaviours in Children and Adolescents
- Ombudsman Takes Stand in Relation to a Practice on Handling Public Interest Disclosures
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Takes Stand on Prisoners’ Contacts by Phone
- Policy Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Regarding the Evaluation of the Immunity Certificate from a Fundamental Rights Perspective and His Proposals on the Review of Legal Regulation
- Joint Statement of Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and Ombudsman for Future Generations on World Environment Day
- Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Concerning the Application of Immunity Certificates
- Ombudsman Takes Stand in Relation to the Operation of Kalocsa Children’s Home
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Requests Extension of Eviction Moratorium for the Period of Pandemic
- Joint Statement of Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and Ombudsman for Future Generations on the Day of Birds and Trees
- Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the Occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Joint Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and the Ombudsman for Future Generations on the Occasion of the International Day for Biological Diversity
- Ombudsman Takes Stand on Operation of Care Home for Persons with Disabilities of Heves County “Harmónia” United Social Care Institution
- Joint Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and the Ombudsman for Future Generations on the Occasion of Earth Day
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Takes Stand in Connection with Exemption from Wearing a Mask Due to Health Reasons
- Statement by the Minority Ombudsman on the Occasion of the International Roma Day