- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Work visit by the Commissioner to Komárom-Esztergom County
- Festive event on the 20th anniversary of the Aarhus Convention
- STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition at the Office
- The environmental and social impacts of electronic devices - conference
- Roma children’s songs - conference at the Ombudsman's Office
- Equinet Working Group meeting on communication strategies and practice
- New breeding techniques and genetic engineering - conference
- Work visit in Csongrád County
- SDG conference
- Competition on the environment for students
- Visit of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and to Celje Prison
- International environmental conference
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF delegation
- EMLA workshop on access to enviromental justice
Visit to the Szolnok Helicopter Base
On 22 April 2020, Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Dr. Ákos Kozma paid a visit to the HDF 86th Szolnok Helicopter Base, where Base Commander and Brigadier General Dr. József Koller and Commander of the HDF 2nd Vitéz Bertalan Árpád Special Operation Forces Brigade and Colonel Gábor Sánta received the Ombudsman.
In the barracks named after Lieutenant Ittebei Kiss József, Brigadier General Dr. József Koller gave a brief talk, among others, about the tasks of the Helicopter Base, the regulations introduced within its territory, the observance of procedural rules relating to the coronavirus pandemic, as well as the presence of military police provided around the facilities and public spaces.
Following that, Ombudsman Dr. Ákos Kozma, Secretary General of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Dr. Réka Varga and Director of Police Complaints Department Dr. Domonkos Wildner, accompanied by the Commander, surveyed, among others, those preventive isolation rooms where soldiers preparing to serve around the borders are isolated, they checked the motor vehicles selected and assigned for disinfecting tasks, the officers’ mess, and they inspected the soldiers patrolling in the city and the work carried out by them.
During his visit, the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights witnessed solid professional preparedness. “In my opinion, the measures taken in relation to the coronavirus epidemic are at the maximum level”, concluded the Commissioner to the online journal Honvedelem.hu.