In the interest to ensure the effective, coherent and most comprehensive protection of fundamental rights and in order to implement the Fundamental Law of Hungary, the Hungarian Parliament adopted the Act on the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights pursuant to the Article 30 of the Fundamental Law.
Internal regulations of the Office
The Equal Opportunities Regulation of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights | more >>
The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights is an important guardian of the rights enshrined in the Fundamental Law. The Commissioner strives to protect and advocate these rights not only in society in general, acting on the basis of complaints and through ex officio inquiries, but also within his own Office.
The Equal Opportunities Regulation of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights entered into force on 1st March 2012. The aim of the regulation is to improve the employment conditions of groups of workers at a disadvantage, such as employees over 40, career-starters, Roma people, workers living with disabilities, those with a reduced working capacity or chronic illnesses, employees having small children, three or more children, single parents, those raising a permanently ill or disabled child, those caring for an ill, disabled or old relative, or those commuting every day from another settlement.
Since the entry into force of the regulation there have been about 20 applications, 90% of which have been fully accepted. The remaining 10% of the applications submitted have been approved after agreeing with the employee on conditions which are acceptable for both parties.
The number of those taking benefit of the regulation might change as the life situation of the more than 120 employees of the Office changes day by day.
- Delegation of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rigts at the Geneva Forum of the Economic Commission for Europe (March 21-22, 2019)
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights hosts the monitoring delegation of the organs of the Council of Europe
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Welcomes Participants of Transzfeszt Cultural Festival in Letter (29–31 March 2019)
- EQUINET Recommendation on combatting discrimination and hate speech in election campaigns
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)