- Dr. Ákos Kozma and CoE Commissioner for Human Rights Meet Online
- Dr. Ákos Kozma Receives Ambassador of Norway to Hungary in His Office
- Civil Consultative Body Attached to OPCAT NPM Holds Online Meeting
- Commissioner Contributes to International Ombudsman Institute Webinar
- Commissioner Contributes to UN Human Rights Council Social Forum
- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Working visit in Komárom-Esztergom county
- Festive event at the Ombudsman’s Office on the occasion of the 20th anniver
- #STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition opening
- For a collection of Roma children’s songs - professional conference in the
- Meeting of Equinet's Working Group on Communication Strategies and Practice
- New Breeding Techniques and Genetic Engineering - Conference at the Ombudsm
- Working visit in Csongrád county
- SDG Conference
Message of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the Occasion of the Day of the Hungarian Prison Service
The second wave of the coronavirus pandemic has now reached Hungary as well. It is important that in these extraordinary times, we also dedicate a thought to those professionals who work for our safety with strenuous efforts and endurance under these changed circumstances, and continue to work with the same professional commitment as always – Ombudsman Dr. Ákos Kozma pointed out on the occasion of the Day of the Hungarian Prison Service.
Today is the 8th of September, or the day of St. Adrian, the patron saint of prison guards. In Hungary, this day has been the Day of the Prison Service since 1996.
Working in the prison service comes with a great deal of responsibility. The employees of the prison service, who are responsible for the detention, transportation, employment, nutrition and health of prisoners, spare neither time, nor effort as they work for our safety on each day of the year. On this special occasion, Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Dr. Ákos Kozma greeted Major General, Director General of the Hungarian Prison Service Dr. Tamás Tóth in writing, and also expressed his esteem and gratitude to all the members of the Hungarian Prison Service for their professional commitment and perseverance. The Commissioner also thanked them for their extraordinary efforts and high-level work all year round, but especially during the coronavirus pandemic, which they perform in order to watch over public security in Hungary.