- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Working visit in Komárom-Esztergom county
- Festive event at the Ombudsman’s Office on the occasion of the 20th anniver
- #STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition opening
- For a collection of Roma children’s songs - professional conference in the
- Meeting of Equinet's Working Group on Communication Strategies and Practice
- New Breeding Techniques and Genetic Engineering - Conference at the Ombudsm
- Working visit in Csongrád county
- SDG Conference
- Competition on the Environment for Students
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF Delegation
- On February 20, 2018, the Ombudsman for Future Generations, together with E
Dr. Réka Varga, Secretary General of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights of Hungary became a member of the Management Board of the EU's Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA).
Dr. Réka Varga, Secretary General of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights of Hungary became a member of the Management Board of the EU's Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA). The Vienna-based agency was established in 2007. It is the independent centre of reference and excellence for promoting and protecting human rights in the EU and provides independent, evidence-based advice to EU and national decision makers, thereby helping to make debates, policies and legislation on fundamental rights better informed and targeted.
FRA helps safeguard the rights, values and freedoms enshrined in the EU’s Charter of Fundamental Rights. It advises its partners on fundamental rights, particularly in the areas of discrimination, access to justice, racism & xenophobia, data protection, victims’ rights and children's rights. The Agency is headed by a Director and guided by three bodies: the Management Board (which defines work priorities, approves the budget and monitors FRA’s work), the Executive Board (which prepares Management Board decisions) and the Scientific Committee (which guarantee that FRA's work meets high scientific standards).