- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Work visit by the Commissioner to Komárom-Esztergom County
- Festive event on the 20th anniversary of the Aarhus Convention
- STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition at the Office
- The environmental and social impacts of electronic devices - conference
- Roma children’s songs - conference at the Ombudsman's Office
- Equinet Working Group meeting on communication strategies and practice
- New breeding techniques and genetic engineering - conference
- Work visit in Csongrád County
- SDG conference
- Competition on the environment for students
- Visit of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and to Celje Prison
- International environmental conference
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF delegation
- EMLA workshop on access to enviromental justice
UN campaign to promote the rights of children with disabilities
The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) forwarded the letter of Maria Soledad Cisternas Reyes, UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy on Disability and Accessibility to the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights.
The Special Envoy developed a campaign to promote the rights of persons with disabilities at regional and global level, entitled "Good treatment for girls, boys and adolescents with disabilities in the world ".
The Special Envoy encourages all NHRIs - including the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights of Hungary - to promote this material in schools, medical care centers and hospitals, justice departments, other sectors of society. The objective is to contribute to raising awareness of the good treatment of girls, boys and adolescents with disabilities, eradicating all forms of abuse and mistreatment that they often experience.
The Act CXI of 2011 on the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights lays down the detailed rules for the competence and responsibilities of our institution. This act sets out that in the course of his/her activities, the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights shall pay special attention to the protection of a) the rights of children, b) the interests of future generations, c) the rights of nationalities living in Hungary), and the rights of the most vulnerable social groups. The CFR Act also stipulates that in the course of his/her activities, the CFR shall pay special attention to assisting, protecting and supervising the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, promulgated by Act XCII of 2007.
Consequently the Commissioner for Fundamental Rigths gladly joins the initiative of the Special Envoy and helps the promotion of the 10 principles by providing its Hungarian translation, conveying it to the relevant national stakeholders and publishing it on our website.