- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Work visit by the Commissioner to Komárom-Esztergom County
- Festive event on the 20th anniversary of the Aarhus Convention
- STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition at the Office
- The environmental and social impacts of electronic devices - conference
- Roma children’s songs - conference at the Ombudsman's Office
- Equinet Working Group meeting on communication strategies and practice
- New breeding techniques and genetic engineering - conference
- Work visit in Csongrád County
- SDG conference
- Competition on the environment for students
- Visit of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and to Celje Prison
- International environmental conference
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF delegation
- EMLA workshop on access to enviromental justice
The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Gave a Talk at an International Conference for Ombudspersons
Ombudsmen in a Changing World: Resilience amidst Challenges was the title of the international conference organized in Bangkok to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Thai ombudsman institution. Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Dr. Ákos Kozma, one of the main speakers of the international conference, attended the meeting upon the invitation of Mr. Viddhavat Rajatanun, Chief Ombudsman of Thailand and Board Member of the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI).
In his keynote speech delivered at the international conference titled “Ombudsmen in a Changing World: Resilience amidst Challenges”, Mr. Peter Tyndall, President of the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI) spoke about the importance of cooperation between the ombudsman institutions.
Subsequently, on 12 February, Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Dr. Ákos Kozma gave a talk in English under the title “Perceptions on Ombudsmanship in a Changing World for the Promotion of Better Governance”.
In his speech he underlined that “the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights is the conscience of the state”, thus he considers it his primary task to monitor the procedures of state organs and public services, explore potential deficiencies and promote the proper application of law.
In his presentation the Commissioner gave an insight into the operation of the Hungarian ombudsman institution, the responsibilities, competences and powers of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights of Hungary, as well as his instruments for launching proceedings and taking action. He also touched upon the reports recently issued by the Office and his measures taken in order to promote better governance.
During the international conference, Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Dr. Ákos Kozma led bilateral talks with General Viddhavat Rajatanun, Chief Ombudsman of Thailand and Board Member of the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI), as well as with Mr. Chris Field, Ombudsman of Western Australia and presidential candidate for the International Ombudsman Institution.