- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Work visit by the Commissioner to Komárom-Esztergom County
- Festive event on the 20th anniversary of the Aarhus Convention
- STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition at the Office
- The environmental and social impacts of electronic devices - conference
- Roma children’s songs - conference at the Ombudsman's Office
- Equinet Working Group meeting on communication strategies and practice
- New breeding techniques and genetic engineering - conference
- Work visit in Csongrád County
- SDG conference
- Competition on the environment for students
- Visit of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and to Celje Prison
- International environmental conference
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF delegation
- EMLA workshop on access to enviromental justice
- Round table discussion on the fundamental rights of transgender persons
- CPT delegation at the Ombudsman's Office
The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Attends the General Assembly of the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions in Brussels
The General Assembly and Annual Conference of the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions (ENNHRI) were held in Brussels on 13-14 November 2019.
Ombudsman Dr. Ákos Kozma treats the establishment and maintenance of the international relations of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights as a high priority. The General Assembly proved to be the perfect occasion for this, as Dr. Kozma had the chance to exchange ideas with the high-ranking representatives of ENNHRI and its member organizations, including European ombudsmen and the heads of human rights institutions and commissions.
As part of his visit, the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights met with European Ombudsman Ms. Emily O’Reilly, had coordination talks with ENNHRI Secretary General Ms. Debbie Kohner and also held an informal meeting with ENNHRI SCA observer Ms. Katrien Meuwissen.
Then the ombudsman, who has been in office since late September, gave an introductory speech at the general assembly of the organization.
ENNHRI is the European regional organization of the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) comprising and supporting the National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) working with the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UN OHCHR). Its mission is to support and strengthen the European National Human Rights Institutions in order to ensure the efficient protection and promotion of human rights, in compliance with the Paris Principles.
As many as 43 NHRI members joined the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions founded in 2013, each of which has a different mandate and international context. It is some ombudsman’s institutions, including the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights, some human rights commissions and institutions that take part in the work of the ENNHRI. All of them are committed to the promotion and protection of human rights.