- The OPCAT Civil Consultative Body held a meeting again
- The Ombudsman received the heads of the Hungarian Red Cross
- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Work visit by the Commissioner to Komárom-Esztergom County
- Festive event on the 20th anniversary of the Aarhus Convention
- STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition at the Office
- The environmental and social impacts of electronic devices - conference
- Roma children’s songs - conference at the Ombudsman's Office
- Equinet Working Group meeting on communication strategies and practice
- New breeding techniques and genetic engineering - conference
- Work visit in Csongrád County
- SDG conference
- Competition on the environment for students
- Visit of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and to Celje Prison
- International environmental conference
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF delegation
- EMLA workshop on access to enviromental justice
Ombudsman represented by His Colleagues at the reporting of Hungary at the 83rd session of the UN’s Committee on the Rights of the Child in Geneva, Switzerland
The 83rd session of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child is held by the United Nations Organization between 20 January 2020 and 7 February 2020 in Geneva, Switzerland. As part of this, the reporting of Hungary to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child took place on 22-23 January. The experts of the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights also took part in this dialog as observers.
In his activities, the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights pays special attention to the rights of the child, his office has been the UN’s status ‘A’ National Human Rights Institution since 2014. With regard to all this, during the reporting phase, the Ombudsman supported the work of the Hungarian Government and the Civil Society Coalition on the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which had submitted a shadow report, by providing information, more precisely, by preparing a detailed summary regarding the reporting period in which the key Commissioner’s reports and other supplementary activities are described in a structure adjusted to the individual articles and thematic units of the Convention.
The documents submitted by the Hungarian Government and the civil society organizations are available on the homepage of the 83rd session of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.
You can watch the complete consultation between the Hungarian delegation and the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child here.
At the session held by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, the experts of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights had the chance, among others, to meet the representatives of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and the civil society organizations, as well as the members of the delegation of the Hungarian Government.