- Visit of the Ukrainian Child Rights’ Ombudsman
- "Ombudsman’s Corner" in Városliget at International Children’s Day Weekend
- Award ceremony and exhibition - drawing contest for national minorities
- The role of the European Union in sustainable development
- Work visit by the Commissioner to Komárom-Esztergom County
- Festive event on the 20th anniversary of the Aarhus Convention
- STANDUP4HUMANRIGHTS – Anniversary conference and exhibition at the Office
- The environmental and social impacts of electronic devices - conference
- Roma children’s songs - conference at the Ombudsman's Office
- Equinet Working Group meeting on communication strategies and practice
- New breeding techniques and genetic engineering - conference
- Work visit in Csongrád County
- SDG conference
- Competition on the environment for students
- Visit of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and to Celje Prison
- International environmental conference
- Visit by the Geneva UNICEF delegation
- EMLA workshop on access to enviromental justice
- Round table discussion on the fundamental rights of transgender persons
- CPT delegation at the Ombudsman's Office
Commissioner for Fundamental Rights hosts the monitoring delegation of the organs of the Council of Europe
On 19 March 2019, László Székely, Commissioner for Fundamental Rights received in his office the delegation of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe on its monitoring visit to Hungary.
Such visits – generally repeated every five years – are a regular routine in the practice of the Congress, and involve the visiting of several local municipalities, authorities, ministries and other institutions. This time the aim of the monitoring visit is to assess the current situation of local and regional democracy in Hungary, as well as to verify whether the provisions of the European Charter of Local Self-Government, ratified by Hungary in 1994, are properly implemented. The delegation’s focus of interest is Congress Resolution 296 (2010) REV on the role of local authorities in the implemention of human rights at local and regional level.
During the meeting, the Ombudsman, his staff and the members of the delegation exchanged ideas about the role of the Ombudsman in relation to local and regional authorities and the most common types of complaints submitted to the Office regarding local affairs, as well as about the participation of national minority communities living in Hungary in local political and public life.