Dr. László Székely - CURRICULUM VITAE
László SZÉKELY was born in Budapest on 15 March 1958.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (ÁJK) of Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) in 1982.
He has been teaching at the Department of Civil Law of the ÁJK since 1982, and he has been member of the Faculty Council since 1990. In 1995 he was awarded the Trefort Ágoston Commemorative Medal by the University.
In 1992 he was elected member of the Council of Copyright Experts.
In 1992 he became member of the Environmental Cabinet of FIDESZ, in 1996 he was elected member of the Complaints Committee of the National Radio and Television Council (ORTT).
He has been teaching at the Deák Ferenc Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of Széchenyi István University of Győr.
Between 1988 and 2002, in the capacity of Government Commissioner, he was in charge of coordinating governmental activities aimed at the implementation of the decision handed down by the International Court of Justice in the Hague on the matter of the Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros Dams.
Since 2008 he has been Director of the Institute of Post-graduate Legal Studies of ELTE.
On 15 June 2010 he was appointed Ministerial Commissioner in charge of the preparation of the new Civil Code of Hungary – his assignment was completed on 19 January 2013.
Since December 2012 he has been the head of the Hungarian delegation at the Hungarian–Slovakian talks on the Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros Dams.
On 20 January he was appointed Ministerial Commissioner of the Ministry of Justice and Public Administration in charge of the sustainable utilization of natural resources divided by state borders.
On 16 September 2013 he was elected Commissioner for Fundamental Rights by the Hungarian Parliament. He started his 6‑year term on 25 September 2013.
- The message of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on Human Rights Day
- Statement of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the maternity wards undergoing refurbishment
- Ákos Kozma: I would like to be the ombudsman of the people
- The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on preventing wrongful removal
- Preparation of Government Decision about Joining the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on a Communications Procedure Begins at Ombudsman’s Initiative
- Equal and More Equal? The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights’ View on the Effect of a Local Government Decree
- Statement by the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights and his Deputies on the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- NEW-BORN BABIES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAY WITH THEIR CONVICTED MOTHERS – AMENDMENT OF THE RELEVANT RULE OF LAW AT THE INITIATIVE OF THE OMBUDSMAN
- THE OMBUDSMAN TURNS TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT TO PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF THE HOMELESS
- THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL CHARTER CELEBRATES ITS 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN 2011
- THE OMBUDSMAN'S PETITION TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT ON THE HUNGARIAN ACADEMY OF ARTS
- HUMANITARIAN CONSIDERATIONS SHOULD HAVE PRECEDENCE IN A CRISIS SITUATION - THE OMBUDSMAN CALLS TO MANAGE THE REFUGEE CRISIS
- Statement of National Minorities Ombudsman on the Greek national holiday
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Turns to the Constitutional Court to Solve the Constitutional Law Issue concerning the Operation of the National Judicial Council
- The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the Practice of Rooming-In
- Ombudsman for Future Generations to Reduce Noise pollution Caused by Air Traffic
- The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights Turned to the Constitutional Court Regarding the 2017 Amendment of the Forest Act
- Statement of the Deputy Commissioner for the Rights of National Minorities on the Day of National Minorities
- Communication of the Ombudsman for the Rights of National Minorities on the renovation of the building complex of the elementary school in Tarnazsadány
- Every Child Counts– A Message from the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on Universal Children’s Day