Dr. László Székely - CURRICULUM VITAE
László SZÉKELY was born in Budapest on 15 March 1958.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (ÁJK) of Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) in 1982.
He has been teaching at the Department of Civil Law of the ÁJK since 1982, and he has been member of the Faculty Council since 1990. In 1995 he was awarded the Trefort Ágoston Commemorative Medal by the University.
In 1992 he was elected member of the Council of Copyright Experts.
In 1992 he became member of the Environmental Cabinet of FIDESZ, in 1996 he was elected member of the Complaints Committee of the National Radio and Television Council (ORTT).
He has been teaching at the Deák Ferenc Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of Széchenyi István University of Győr.
Between 1988 and 2002, in the capacity of Government Commissioner, he was in charge of coordinating governmental activities aimed at the implementation of the decision handed down by the International Court of Justice in the Hague on the matter of the Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros Dams.
Since 2008 he has been Director of the Institute of Post-graduate Legal Studies of ELTE.
On 15 June 2010 he was appointed Ministerial Commissioner in charge of the preparation of the new Civil Code of Hungary – his assignment was completed on 19 January 2013.
Since December 2012 he has been the head of the Hungarian delegation at the Hungarian–Slovakian talks on the Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros Dams.
On 20 January he was appointed Ministerial Commissioner of the Ministry of Justice and Public Administration in charge of the sustainable utilization of natural resources divided by state borders.
On 16 September 2013 he was elected Commissioner for Fundamental Rights by the Hungarian Parliament. He started his 6‑year term on 25 September 2013.
- Statement by the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- The Commissioner and the Ombudsman for Future Generations have found several problems in the legal regulation relating to the dismantling of the asbestos cement factory in Lőrinc
- Communication by the Deputy Ombudsman for National Minorities on the occasion of the International Roma Day
- The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on regulating the ways of making statements by the blind and the visually impaired
- The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on some practical and regulatory issues related to ensuring the human and technical resources of supervised contacts
- The Metropolitan Court of Budapest rejects the claim filed by the Budapest-based Cseppkő Children’s Home, in which it requested that the Court conclude that the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights violated the children’s home’s fundamental right to reputation
- Resources needed for prevention and basic child welfare services - the Ombudsman’s statement on the practice of placing children in child protection care primarily for financial reasons
- The protection of the rights of children who fall victim to prostitution and the possible means of prevention – follow-up investigation conducted by the commissioner for fundamental rights
- International conference on the problem of air pollution caused by domestic heating
- The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on preventing wrongful removal
- Statement of the Deputy Commissioner for the Rights of National Minorities living in Hungary on the occasion of the International Mother Language Day
- Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities Celebrates its 20-Year Anniversary - Statement by Deputy Commissioner for the Rights of National Minorities Dr. Elisabeth Sándor-Szalay
- Why only in the presence of a witness of full age? – The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the delivery of registered mail to blind and partially-sighted persons
- STATEMENT BY ELISABETH SÁNDOR-SZALAY, OMBUDSMAN FOR THE RIGHTS OF NATIONAL MINORITIES, ON THE OCCASION OF THE INTERNATIONAL HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE DAY
- The Ombudsman on the fundamental-right-breaching breakdown of an adoption procedure
- Message of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the Universal Children's Day
- The Ombudsman for Future Generations welcomes the Constitutional Court’s guidance on state-level nature protection
- Statement of the Deputy Commissioner for the Rights of National Minorities on the occasion of the Croatian Independence Day
- Workshop and exhibition in the Office of the Commissioner for Fundamental Rights on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the promulgation of the European Landscape Convention
- Statement by the Ombudsman for the Rights of National Minorities on the occasion of the Day of German Unity